Monday 29 March 2010

He's a cool exec with a heart of steel.....

I've just finished an Iron Man comic strip for Panini Comic's Marvel Heroes, which will appear in issue 23. This isn't my first time around drawing ol' Shellhead... I drew a couple of team-up issues featuring Iron Man teaming up with a certain wall-crawler in Panini's Spectacular Spider-man Adventures, and he's always been a particular favourite of mine to draw. However, aside from a spot illo a couple of years ago, this is the first time I've drawn him in the modern armour... which was hard to get the hang off at first (having been used to drawing the classic armour), but great fun once I got into it. Again, this story (written by James Peaty) will appear in issue 23 of Marvel Heroes, which I believe is out in a few months time.

No previews at the moment (until it sees print anyways), but here's a page from one of the Spider-man team-ups I drew... featuring Shellhead in all of his classic glory. Inks by Simon Ecob.